I feel like I have so much to say and write about, but it´s just so hard to find the time to sit down with slow computers and type it all out. Next time I will go ahead and type out my blog and bring it to the internet place and just upload it.
I am really enjoying things here. Life is simple. I'm always full and having new adventures daily. Today FBT went really fast. We spent the day learning about OM, Oddessy of the Mind. This was absolutely hysterical to me that they are trying to do OM programs here in Honduras. It was awesome though. We did practice competitions and problem solving. If you don't know what OM is, well, you're missing out.
We went to the Orphanage last week to meet the kids there that we will be working with for the next 5 weeks. It was tough. Really tough. There are 44 kids in the center, most of which were abandoned. They don't have many resources at all, but hopefully we will be able to just hang out with them and love on them. Many of them are malnurished or suffer from FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome) or maybe even HIV. It's hard to tell and it breaks your heart.
My family is great and I enjoy ever second with them. My mom is very affectionate and she gives great hugs. Que rico son sus abrazos! she always tells me..... I'm also getting a lot closer to my sisters and the millions of cousins that I have. It really makes me want to have a big family.
We've had birthday parties, soccer games, school visits, and so much more.... I have so many pictures too, but also this connection is too slow to upload. I will try again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment